The Place – We are a fast growing, world class, and dynamic, multi-billion Nigerian conglomerates, established and managed by a team of professionals with decades of management consulting and accounting experience/ training from Arthur Andersen (now KPMG in Nigeria). We are presently into restaurants, hotel, and nightclubbing.
The kitchen supervisor will be responsible for overseeing a small army of kitchen staff and overseeing the day to day running of the kitchen, including cleaning the equipment, checking supplies and rotating food stock. Supervises and coordinates activities of food preparation, kitchen, pantry, and storeroom personnel and utilizing food surpluses and leftovers.
- Managing and co-ordination of kitchen staff and activities
- Making sure the kitchen is safe and in hygienic conditions at all times
- Organizing the inventory, storage, and distribution of foodstuffs and supplies
- Helping to plan menus, apportion ingredients and use food surpluses
- Control portion costs by working out the number of portions per food batch
- Supervises cooks, tastes, smells, and observes food to ensure conformance with recipes and appearance standards.
- Must have a commercial cooking experience preferably for a restaurant or hotel, a vocational training in catering will be an added advantage although not compulsory.
- Management or supervisory experience will be an added advantage
- Ability to multitask
- Basic literacy skills
- Creative and customer oriented
- Candidates who do not meet the above criteria need not apply.