Our client is a leading consultancy firm which provides both financial, business and project advisory services focused on the entire real estate value chain. Due to internal expansion in their Lagos branch, they have decided to fill the position of Operation Manager.
- Job TypeFull Time
- QualificationBA/BSc/HND MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience7 – 10 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Administration / Secretarial
- The Operations Manager will be responsible for day-to-day operations, managing the organization’s HR, helping and creating organizational and program budgets in collaboration with the MD and Reporting to the MD and serving as a member of the Management Team.
- This position’s primary responsibility is ensuring organizational effectiveness by providing leadership for the organizations financial and operations functions.
- Working with the management team, the position also contributes to the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies and practices.
Duties and Responsibilities
Coordination and Supervision:
- Coordinate, manage and monitor the workings of various departments in the organization.
- Review financial statements and data
- Utilize financial data to improve efficiency
- Prepare and control operational budgets
- Control inventory
- Recommend effective strategies for the financial well-being of the company
- Set goals and objectives and establish polices for the various departments.
- Improve processes and policies in support of organizational goals.
- Formulate and implement departmental and organizational policies and procedures to maximize output
- Monitor adherence to rules, regulations and procedures.
- Working with the ED plan the use of human resources
- Assist in recruitment and placement of required staff, establishment of organizational structure, delegation of tasks and accountabilities.
- Establish work schedules
- Supervise staff
- Monitor and evaluate performance in partnership with the ED.
- Monitor, manage and improve the efficiency of support services such as IT, HR, Accounts and Finance.
- Facilitate coordination and communication between support functions.
- Liaison with the MD and assist in the development of strategic plans for operational activity.
- Implement and manage operational plans.
- Oversee organizational insurance policies. Ensure health and Safety committee meetings are held and tasks assigned.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or another field relevant to the organization.
- Master’s in Business Administration or other advanced degree
- Good leadership skills
- Interested candidate should possess 7-10 years experience
- Knowledge of government contract management and knowledge and experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management implementing best practices.
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook, and Access.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Preference given for experience in writing successful grant application.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards in a diverse workplace.
- Knowledge of Labour Standards.
- Knowledge of tax and other compliance implications of non-profit status.
- Open to direction and Collaborative work style and commitment to get the job done.
- Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the organization.
- Ability to look at situations from several points of view.
- Persuasive with details and facts.
- Delegate responsibilities effectively.
- High comfort level working in a diverse environment Working conditions.
- Non-standard hours of work.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate should send their CV’s to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the job title as subject of mail
Only successful candidates will be contacted.