Adexen is a well known recruitment & HR consulting firm in Europe and Africa. Our consultants and staff bring wealth of experience to help companies to find and retain talents.
- Analyse financial results, monitor the budgeting and forecasting control cycle, identify and analyse potential financial risk areas and support or monitor the implementation of risk mitigating activities
- Ensure or execute statutory and commercial accounting according to local legal requirements and IFRS guidelines
- Draw cash flow forecasts and analyse and monitor these, as well as monitor, analyse and advise on hedging of foreign cash flows and fuel.
- Ensure all in- and external commercial and financial reporting on the project phases and end results of the project and/or business units, signal issues and opportunities to in- and external stakeholders, in line with company’s reporting procedures and deadlines.
- Provide detailed advice and signal opportunities for improvement to (Project) Management on project related financial matters, such as financing possibilities for clients on projects.
- Ensure up-to-date knowledge of (local) financial and fiscal laws, theories and developments and financial contractual requirements and apply and share knowledge with colleagues and relevant stakeholders.
- Work and act in accordance with the applicable QHSE-S instructions and measures, take appropriate measures in case of accidents and hazardous situations and draw proposals for improvement.
- Ensure financial project administration, design and follow-up planning, organisation of on-site logistics, staff support, facilities and general administration, in line with local and legal requirements.
- Ensure adequate personnel administration and information as well as processing of salary payments, in line with local requirements, legislation and HR policies, on those projects that lack a dedicated project HR.
- Plan, lead and develop project members, ensure adequate training of personnel.
• First degree in accounting from a reputable university
• At least five years experience in an international company as accountant, preferably in marine works industry
• Operational knowledge of Tax Regulations & Law in Nigeria
• PC tools literate
• Able to work in Dynamics AX
• English Proficiency
• Team player
Our client is a global dredging company with extensive expertise in port construction, flood defense work, project management and maritime terminal services.
- Responsible for the full financial management function within the division
- Cost analysis
- Implementation of accounting policies
- Manage and analyse budgets
- Analyse monthly liquidity planning and ensure action is taken
- Check and discuss financial reports at board level
- Manage finance teams across projects within the area
- Small/lower-complex area
- Work independently; end results are being reviewed at board level
- Evaluate request for purchase of suppliers, equipment and services to determine appropriate procurement method
- Liaise with suppliers, sub-contractors, and site/contract managers
- Acquire best prices to place orders for materials required on site
- Ensure profit and productivity improvement through decreasing costs, ensuring consistent pricing, business simplification and consolidation of field office and backroom operations.
- Ensure effective revenue management through implementing proper financial systems and controls for managing revenue and billing.
- Ensure cash flow management through income analysis and expense analysis, accurate forecasting and cash flow planning and monitoring.
- Achieving accounting operational objectives by contributing accounting information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; resolving problems; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change
- Maintaining accounting controls by establishing a chart of accounts; defining accounting policies and procedures;
- Coordinating and Guiding other departments by researching and interpreting accounting policy; applying observations and recommendations to operational issues
- A University degree in Accounting
- Minimum of 10 years work experience in a similar company or industry.
- Management and supervisory skills.
- Basic IT Skill , Hands on ERP
- Team building skills.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Decision making skills.
- Effective verbal, presentation and listening communications skills
- Effective written communications skill
Method of Application
To apply, click preferred job titles below.