At Huawei, we define human progress by innovations that enrich humanity. We do not view connectivity as a privilege, but a necessity. We believe that the impact of information and communications technology should be measured by how many people can benefit from it.
Huawei is a leading global ICT solutions provider. Through our dedication to customer-centric innovation and strong partnerships, we have established end-to-end capabilities and strengths across the carrier networks, enterprise, consumer, and cloud computing fields. Our products and solutions have been deployed in over 170 countries, serving more than one third of the world’s population.
Huawei’s vision is to enrich life through communication. By leveraging our experience and expertise in the ICT sector, we help bridge the digital divide by providing opportunities to enjoy broadband services, regardless of geographic location. Contributing to the sustainable development of society, the economy, and the environment, Huawei creates green solutions that enable customers to reduce power consumption, carbon emissions, and resource costs.
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience10 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Administration / Secretarial Engineering / Technical ICT / Computer
- Provide infrastructure services vision, enable innovation and leverage IT trends that can create business value consistent with customers requirements and expectations.
- Lead ITO strategic technology initiatives to build and maintain key elements of the customers enterprise infrastructure and associated project portfolio, including but not limited to 24×7 data center infrastructure management and evolution, mobility and remote access services, ubiquitous wireless networks, enterprise-scale messaging environments, active directory multi-forest integration, dual-carrier global WAN, software-defined internetworking, and innovative end user computing solutions.
- Provide leadership for delivery of 24/7 service operations and KPI compliance. Establish metrics, key performance indicators, and service level agreements to continually improve the performance of IT operations.
- Ensure comprehensive disaster recovery architecture is maintained and operations are in place to ensure compliance with required RPOs and RTOs during business continuity events (emphasizing but not limited to storage area networks and redundant, highly-available server and network architectures).
- Lead an extremely talented team of 21 infrastructure Managers, Specialists and administration professionals who with others define, manage and support the entire operations infrastructure for customer
- Plan: 1) Future skill requirements, 2) Skill development strategies and resources, 3) Personnel levels based on project and operational demands, and 4) In coordination with senior I&O managers, professional and personal development for all members of I&O team.
- Motivate, organize, mentor, and manage senior managers within the team.
- Participate in IT strategic planning, project planning and budget planning efforts.
- Analyze technology trends and develop infrastructure strategy, architecture, and delivery processes designed for agility and cost effectiveness.
- Establish and maintain strong, strategic partnerships with vendors and other service providers.
- Develop RFPs/RFIs, oversee product evaluations, coordinate product and service selections, and ensure that pricing, terms, and conditions for supplier contracts meet Huawei and IT standards while achieving optimal results for the company.
- Coordinate I&O projects/resources with the IT project management office (PMO). Ensure all project deliverables, budgets, and timelines are met.
- Provide well-considered counsel to the Program Director, Director of Operations and other business service leaders.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Extensive knowledge of data center operations, telecommunications, network engineering, data center applications, client/server computing, cloud computing and production operations support. Specific technologies of note include but not limited to Microsoft Server & Client operating system and infrastructure applications, Cisco Voice and Networking, VMware, Citrix, EMC and/or NetApp Enterprise-level SANs, Cisco Server infrastructures, Huawei High end Servers and Networking switches, and multi-carrier WANs.
- Experience in related IT disciplines such as data processing, hardware platforms, enterprise software applications, database administration and outsourced/managed service systems.
- Strong leadership and management abilities. Ability to lead cross functional project teams in implementing projects of a complex nature.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and planning at a strategic, global level. Ability to translate strategic plans into specific objectives, and to create and execute project plans to achieve objectives.
- Knowledge of Telecoms operations.
- Strong financial management skills in budgeting, forecasting, and cost control.
- Deep understanding of the interdependent relationship between infrastructure, information security and the applications/services they enable as well as the criticality of maintaining strong connections between the respective teams within IT.
- Persuasive, professional communication style. Capable of communicating complex, technical topics to a wide variety of audiences. Ability to interact with senior management and influence decision makers
- Flexibility to adapt to rapidly changing conditions and priorities, and to redirect managers and teams toward new objectives.
- Excellent understanding of multi-disciplinary nature of IT solutions
- Ability to see the “big picture” across such areas as private and public hosted infrastructure and services, identity management, security, telecommunications, enterprise storage and big data opportunities, end user experience, and training/education.
- Functional understanding of project management principles and their application to Infrastructure projects and teams. Formal project management expertise preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to apply technology solutions to business problems.
- Must have strong organizational skills and multi-tasking capabilities and excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations as they relate to technology issues important.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- College degree in technology related major preferred. Post graduate degree in Business Management is preferred.
- 10+ years of technical and leadership experience ma
Method of Application
To apply, Visit Huawei Career Page on LinkedIn
198 total views, 1 today