Conventional milk cartons are an unbreakable improvement over glass milk bottles, but the introduction of the Tetra Pak aseptic beverage container in the late 1950’s was revolutionary for the food and beverage industries. Tetra Pak — which takes its name from the … Read more
Mission: We work for and with our customers to provide preferred processing and packaging solutions for food. We apply our commitment to innovation, our understanding of consumer needs and our relationships with suppliers to deliver these solutions, wherever and whenever food is consumed. We believe in responsible industry leadership, creating profitable growth in harmony with environmental sustainability and good corporate citizenship.
- Job TypeFull Time
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Graduate Jobs / Internships Sales / Marketing
Are you looking for a challenging and exciting position?
Then this position is for you – Tetra Pak West Africa is looking to fill a position within our Processing TS&S organization. Reporting to the Processing Technical Sales & Service Manager your primary objective is to develop business with existing customers and establish new accounts within a designated area to achieve a budgeted sales target.
This is a local position based in Nigeria, West Africa and is a permanent position. This position demands extensive travel, both locally and regionally.
As Technical Sales Engineer, you will be responsible for:
Driving the TS&S portfolio family in the market. Support in the development and implementation of the TS&S business plan. Has accountability for the TS&S sales and profitability
You will need to maintain customer contact, secure orders, monitor and maintain current knowledge of new products, ensure complaints are dealt with expeditiously, communicate technical solutions through presentations, quotes and make recommendations to improve product or design.
Key tasks for this job are:
- Drives promotion, deployment, sales and profitability of the TS&S portfolio
- Proposes business plan and action plan
- Drives implementation of business plan and action plans for its portfolio family
- Ensures effective cooperation and alignment with market area, cluster and BU
- Shares accountability for customer satisfaction results
- Secures fast issue resolution and appropriate communication
- Coordinates continuous improvement activities related to customer operational performance
Language and Education:
- Fluent in both written and spoken English.
- A degree in Engineering field
- Ability to speak French.
Professional Skills and Experience:
- Resource and planning skills
- Decision making skills
- Communication skills
- Customer satisfaction
- Negotiation skills
- High energy levels
- Deadline driven
- Team player in a matrix structure
To succeed in this role you will possess:
- Strong sales ability with a proven track record
- Result oriented and persistent with a long term perspective in day-to-day business
- Commercially astute
- Knowledge of contracts
- Good knowledge of food processing systems and flow equipment
- Computer literate in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project
- Education in business, food technology and trade
It would be desirable if you also possess experience in the liquid food industry – dairy, beverage and prepared foods
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience5 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Sales / Marketing
To deliver sales targets, champion partnership with strategic accounts, application of the industry value chain model, contributing to the company’s relationship management strategy and mobilizing internal and external resources to implement growth objectives.
Roles & Responsibilities
- R1. Sales Growth Required to drive sales in line with agreed targets. Identify the opportunities to increase customer profitability for a sustainable and profitable mutual growth.
- R2. Budgeting and Planning Participate in the budgeting process to define the annual sales budget and medium targets for the areas of responsibility
- R3. Customer Management Develop, at different levels, a transverse relationship with the customer and ensure Strategic alignment. Understand the Customer activity (competitive environment, growth strategy, productivity, profitability). Identify the Customer needs and drive opportunities in agreement with the processing sales strategy.
- R4. Strategy Execution Develop and execute the local strategies for the food categories, cosmetic and E &D
- R5. Drive productivity Utilize the mandatory global processes and tools
Required Working Relationship
- Processing Director
- Pre-project engineering Manager and Technical Service and Sales Manager
- Carton Technical Service Technicians, Engineers and TKAM’s
- Managerial and sales contacts in the cluster
- Automation and technical support staff in TPPS Sweden
- Customers operations staff, from production manager to machine operators
- Customers engineering and maintenance staff
- Sub-contractors / Suppliers
Education and Qualifications
- Bsc. Engineering or Bachelors Degree in Business related fields
- Masters in Business Administration
- SAP Profiency
- Minimum 5 years food processing experience. 3 of which would be in a sales leadership position
Knowledge & Skills
- Selling skills
- Strategic planning
- Customer relationship
- Commercial awareness
- Food processing knowledge – dairy and beverage focus.
- Technical and System expertise
Behavior & Attitude
- Self Driven
- Analytical and Logical Thinking.
- Communication (verbal and written)
- Team Player
- Calm under pressure
- Cost conscious
Method of Application
Use links below to apply on Taleo
245 total views, 1 today